- Soft, moisturized skin is an essential base to any makeup, so treat skin to Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask ($21) the night prior to your big date. It's chock full of Avocado and Apricot Kernel Oil to deeply quench any pesky patches of winter-dry skin.
- Touchable skin is also a must (insert "DUH" here), so try Clarins Tonic Body Treatment Oil ($52) on post-shower skin for the ultimate indulgence.
- It goes without saying that the word of the day is, indeed, touchable and that goes for your hair as well - warm one pump of Kerastase Elixer Ultime ($50) between your palms and smooth through strands for shine and softness that can't be beat.
- Fragrance is so, so personal that I beg you to never take recommendations from friends. Go to a great department store or a fine fragrance boutique near you (if you were wondering, I live my life for Aedes in New York and Scent Bar in Los Angeles) and sniff until you find a scent to love that's explicitly YOU. That said, MY newest favorite is the clean but sensual Tom Ford Private Blend Pure Musk ($190) - it's perfect for a date as it inspires the ever-so-subtle 'lean in'.
- On a first date, I'd recommend focusing on a neutral, glossy lip and playing up your peepers. Available in a sweet array of colors, MAC Technokohl Liner ($14.50) is my go-to liner to anchor a smokey eye.
- I've oft waxed poetic about MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in By Candlelight (now discontinued, other shades available here), and it's still a makeup bag MUST in my book, delivering a glow that seems like you're lit from within.
What are your best first date beauty tips? Leave a comment and tell all.