Like any good New York woman, I la-la-love Gossip Girl. And while I can't survive without a little S and B on my Monday nights, I'm also a huge fan of Brooklynite Vanessa Abrams, played by Jessica Szohr. Jessica's really a natural knock out, so when the folks at Dove shared the following fashion & beauty must-haves from their spokesperson, I knew I had to share.
- Growing up in Wisconsin, jeans were my wardrobe staple. This summer I’m living in jean shorts because I can wear them so many different ways. I can either wear them casually with a button down and sandals during the day or dress them up with heels at night.
- The stylists I’ve worked with have really opened my eyes to fashion trends and experimenting with accessories. This summer boho headbands are my go-to accessory because they keep my hair off my face when it gets sticky out
- People don’t realize this, but we are filming the show all summer long in NYC. To help relieve the hot city heat, I’m constantly jumping in the shower to freshen up and stay cool. I love Dove go fresh Burst Body Wash. The nectarine and white ginger scent smells so good and invigorates me at any time of day! (Jessica's not exaggerating - this is one of my very fave shower gels. It's moisturizing too - and SO cheap.)
- Filming days can be long and brutal – especially in the heat of summer – so I make sure to stay hydrated and have lots of healthy snacks to keep my energy level up. But don’t get me wrong, I definitely stray sometimes – my favorite splurge is Cheetos!
- On a warm summer day, no need to cake on the makeup! I like to keep it simple. One of my favs is Napoleon Perdis mascara – it’s all I need in the summer!