Despite my best efforts to avoid it, the holiday season has arrived. And this year, in part due to my dedication to astrologist Susan Miller's uncanny monthly predictions over at Astrology Zone, I've decided to focus my holiday gift guide into a minimum of 12 carefully edited editions, each focused on an astrological sign. Because I'm a narcissist, I'll kick things off with my own zodiac sign, which (for those of you who don't know me in real life) is LEO - the (for the most part) undisputed queen of the zodiac.
Now, for those of you who know a Leo woman, you know that narcissism comes quite naturally to us - we're rarely far from a mirror, and fancy ourselves QUITE the sex kitten. And while Leo woman is, in most cases, friendly, outgoing and loving, she's also bombastic and demanding - only the best for this girl, my friends. In related news, Leo women love luxury and are known to give in to every single one of their whims, often to their own detriment. In short, if you've got a Leo woman on your holiday shopping list, know that it's a tall order - gifts are a big deal to her, and practicality is eschewed. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Estee Lauder Leo Zodiac Powder Compact, $70 - Leo does, after all, LOVE to look at herself and this gold (also a signature color of the sign) compact is impossibly chic.
- Alex Woo Little Lion Pendant Necklace, $168 - while perhaps not unique to her sign, the Leo woman loves jewelry.
- Agent Provocateur Bathing Bubble Wash, $48 - she lives for pampering, and these sexy bubbles make bathtime decadent and rich.
- Fleur du Mal High Waisted Tie Back Panty, $125 - Leos are widely regarded as the porn stars of the zodiac - indulge the fantasy in this cheeky peekaboo panty.
- Strange Invisible Perfumes Leo Eau de Parfum, $275 - Neroli, bergamot, and mandarin tame Leo’s boundless need for power, while lemon inspires focus. Jasmine Sambac balances Leo’s ringleader tendencies, encouraging trust and dissolving fear of the unknown. Ambrette seed anchors this fiery sign, granting tranquility and gratification.
- Drybar Gift Certificates - Like the lion, Leos are often defined by their mane. Treat her to a single blowout or a membership to this blowout-only salon (in multiple cities.)
Stay tuned for more in this year's Astrological Holiday Gift Guide - up next, Virgo!