Something that might surprise you to know about me is that I’m a perennial EDITOR. So, though I do indeed (as you might have suspected) shop endlessly, I also ruthlessly remove things from my closet on the regular. I have two filters, and any item that stays in my closet has got to pass through at least one:
- Do I love it? I want to feel AMAZING every single time I put on something I own.
- If I don’t love it, does it serve a necessary function? I mean, it’s pretty hard to love, say, a nude camisole or a pair of snow boots, but both are items I’ve gotta keep in my closet for even occasional wear.
That’s where Hello La Mode comes in.
Hello La Mode is new to the world of online fashion, and it’s pretty unique as well. The site serves as a members-only, certified luxury resale marketplace. That’s right: certified. What that means is, unlike say eBay, there are no terrible surprises when you buy or sell on Hello La Mode. Each purchase is manually authenticated by their team prior to being shipped to you – there’s no danger of counterfeit merch AND you can be sure that the condition of the bag, shoe, accessory or apparel item is up to snuff.
To celebrate their launch, I’ve partnered with Hello La Mode to do some closet cleaning of my own. And my loss, friends, is YOUR gain. Up for grabs in my closet are bags, shoes, clothing and accessories from some of my favorite brands, including:
- TWO Alexander Wang bags, including the leather and suede Kirsten tote (NWT!) and a very special Rocco in limited edition textured gray leather (seen above)
- TWO of Louis Vuitton's iconic Speedy 30 bags, in both classic monogram and the light and breezy Damier Azur
- An incredibly rare Louis Vuitton bag charm/key chain from the 2009 Graffiti collection
- A cheeky sequined Markus Lupfer sweater
- Valentino Nude Patent Rockstud Kitten heels
To create your own Hello La Mode profile where you can shop my closet along with the closets of other Style Coalition bloggers, click here – you’ll even get $50 off any purchase just for joining! And while you’re on site, don’t forget to do a little Closet Detox-ing of your own – one new Hello La Mode member will be awarded a $3,000 shopping spree, with the winner chosen on 1/31/13. Happy shopping, and happy detoxing, y’all!
While all opinions expressed are my own, this post was produced in collaboration with Hello La Mode and Style Coalition.