Super stylist Odile Gilbert for John Frieda created the "rocker princess' mane seen at the Rodarte Fall 2013 show. As we've seen on so many runways this season, the texture was effortless and undone.
- Before drying the hair, Odile applied dollops of Frizz-Ease Curl Reviver Styling Mousse to build texture while ensuring a smooth finish.
- After hair was blow-dried, a 2-inch iron was used to create loose bends. Frizz-Ease Moisture Barrier Hairspray was lightly misted over each section before it was wrapped around the iron to lock the waves in place.
- Next, the waves were brushed out to make the texture look more natural, and braids on both sides were connected in the back of the head with a rose made of the models’ own hair.
- To finish the look, a dime size of the Frizz-Ease Hair Serum Thermal Protection Formula was smoothed over random ends to make sure the overall effect was “undone” with a little polish.
Makeup Artist Hannah Murray for NARS Cosmetics created the simple, yet impactful look for the Fall 2013 Helmut Lang collection.
"This look is all about creamy, polished, gorgeous skin, with the strength coming from the eyebrows. The girls with dark hair have bold brows, while the blonde girls have muted ones. It's monochromatic, but I wanted the girls to feel real and beautiful.”
To create the look:
· Radiant Creamy Concealer (New for Spring 2013)
Available: US - February 15 2013 / Global - March 1 2013
· Brow Gel (New for Fall 2013)
Available: US / Global - August 1 2013
· Brow Perfector (New for Fall 2013)
Available: US / Global - August 1 2013
The hair look at the S/S ’13 DKNY show this weekend was youthful and natural looking but with a definite sense of direction. “The DKNY S/S ’13 collection was based on the ultimate DKNY girl’s lifestyle, with every aspect of her day catered for, from swimwear to outer-wear, so it stands to reason that the hair reflects this direction. I wanted to create a hairstyle that gave a sense of unity to the look and give a relaxed, lifestyle feeling. I felt it important to give a sense of life and movement to the hair and play on how the light reflects on textures, so I created a subtle multi textured effect on the hair” said Eugene Souleiman, Global Creative Director, Care & Styling, Wella Professionals.
These subtle different textures were brought to life with a smooth clean fresh finish to the front of the hair which was swept low from a side parting and was tucked behind the ear, to a more textured ‘Californian sunned’ look to the back and lower part of the hair. The overall result was of a young, relaxed feeling which was not forced or contrived yet was definitely done with deliberate intention.
To get the Look:
- Start with clean freshly washed and conditioned hair, using Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo and Conditioner, to ensure hair is in perfect condition.
- Roughly dry the hair using your hands. Then create a low side parting and section off the hair from the parting to the crown.
- Section off hair and blow dry each section perfectly straight using a round brush to create a smooth sleek finish. Apply tension with the brush at the roots and loosen the tension as you dry to the ends of the hair.
- Once this section is dry and smooth, sweep the hair down low over the forehead and secure behind the ear with a hair grip.
- Pull some of the hair forward over the ear to give a less polished feel to the look.
- Pull the hair on both sides towards the back of the head and twist in to a rope – spray with Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Spray, then while holding the hair in a tight twisted rope apply heat with a diffuser till the hair is bone dry.
- For extra effect, pin the rope up until you are ready to reveal the hair. Once the rope of hair is released, the hair will have a natural tousled effect to it.
- Finally, for added texture, once the hair is loose push the hair upwards against the natural grain around the crown of the head to give a textured fly away feel to the hair.
Who: Wanda Ruiz for CND
What: "Lethal Love" - diffused, gradation manicures with "dangerous undertones" created for Jen Kao Spring 2012
When: Yesterday, at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week
Where: New York
How: Pair CND Colours Midnight Sapphire, Anchor Blue, Rouge Red, or Green Scene with Inkwell and top with Air Dry Top Coat while wet for an ombre finish.
Rebecca Taylor is always among of my wish-list shows each Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, and Spring 2012 appears to be no exception. For the upcoming season, the designer's muse is contemporary, fresh, and ethereal, with a collection that emphasizes cut and color with unexpected cut-outs in silhouettes.
Shades of oyster are highlighted by bold citrus colors of lemon, lime and tangerine. Cropped slouchy embellished sweaters, long skirts and voluminous outerwear in technical fabrics add edge while apron back dresses mixed with bone colored snake leather bibs inject a paired down cool attitude which sets the tone for the Spring 2012 collection.
What do you think? Is your interest piqued? Rebecca Taylor's Spring 2012 collection shows on Friday, September 9 at 2PM EST. If you can't make it to Lincoln Center, tune in to the livestream at www.youtube.com/liverunway.