Earlier this week, after a workout, I dropped by the Birchbox SoHo store. If you have yet to visit, you're really missing out - there's a great assortment of established and niche beauty brands, great gift-y items, mini services including manicures and, perhaps best of all, a Build Your Own Birchbox station.
While I need more beauty products like I need a hole in my head, I used my upcoming 8 day business trip to London and Paris as an excuse to justify building my own Birchbox - this month's samples were too tempting to resist. For $15, here's what I picked up:
- Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream in Pomegranate (Shaving cream seems like one of the toughest items to find as a travel size)
- Serge Normant Dream Big Volumizing Spray (This is holy grail material. I have a full size bottle at home and the idea of traveling without was simply devastating.)
- MAKE Dual-Phase Eye Makeup Remover (Another item that can be challenging to find in travel sizes - this one is generous enough to last a couple of weeks or longer)
- Dr. Brandt Pores No More Vaccuum Cleaner (My skin has been thoroughly congested lately and I always take travel as an opportunity to try new masks)
- Atelier Cologne Grand Neroli (This is a throwaway for me - I wasn't crazy about any of the fragrance samples, but the other sample sizes were so generous, I didn't mind)
They threw in single-use packets of Oribe Brilliant Shine Shampoo & Conditioner, and also a Dr. Jart Pore Minimalist Sheet Mask as a GWP at the counter, which was a great little thank you (the sheet mask is valued at $7.50 alone.)
Have you visited Birchbox SoHo yet? The bi-level store is located at 433 West Broadway, between Prince and Spring.