Every holiday season, I operate fully under the philosophy of "one for you, one for me," which means that (unfortunately, for my budget), I tend to acquire almost as much as I'm gifting. Beauty.com is currently trying my resolve, as they so often do, with yet ANOTHER of their glorious designer collab GWP timed perfectly to the holiday shopping season.
Up for grabs is a limited edition Grey Wool Felted Drawstring Pouch made in Kenya by eco-friendly fashion brand EDUN. Filled with 17 (SEVENTEEN!) prestige beauty samples in both deluxe sample and full sizes - a few of my favorites can be seen above - it's redeemable with any $150 purchase and has an approximate retail value of $170+.
Shop gifts (for yourself and others!) at Beauty.com.
After taking what felt like a few seasons off, watches for me are back with a vengeance. And while my collection of timepieces (yes, I have a collection - no judgement please!) admittedly boasts several styles, from a bold boyfriend to a timeless gold tank, until recently what I DIDN'T have was a bracelet watch, like the one from Bulova seen above. Part of the brand's new Facets collection, this stainless steel beauty is adorned with 100 faceted crystals, individually hand-set on case, and a classic white mother-of-pearl dial. It is, for lack of a better word, perfectly ladylike - in fact, I feel chicer (and better behaved!) just wearing it.
This style behaves, somewhat magically, like jewelry all by itself, yet is slim enough to stack alongside your favorite bangles, cuffs and fitness tracker. My preferred way to style it is with 2-3 simple and slim gold bracelets - for me, mixed metals feel fresh and wildly modern...as long as it's clear that you mixed them deliberately (that's the key!)
Whether you're interested in adding a new timepiece to your own collection or shopping for that 'someone special' this holiday, explore the full collection of Bulova watches here - there's literally a style for anyone and everyone! (Full disclosure: next on my list is this beauty.)
While all opinions expressed are my own, this post was produced in partnership with Bulova, who graciously gifted me with the Facets collection watch seen above.
It's a cliche for a reason, guys. New York is truly a magical place to spend your holidays. Now that Thanksgiving has passed, I feel safe in acknowledging that in my eyes, the holiday season has already begun - in fact, I'm planning to put my tree up tomorrow. Whether you live in the city or are planning to visit, below are a few of my seasonal must-do's this (and every!) December:
- Admire the form and precision of the world-famous Radio City Rockettes at the Christmas Spectacular (Tickets from $46/pp).
- Sip a mulled wine at Rolf's German Restaurant - trust me when I say that their commitment to holiday lights must be SEEN to be BELIEVED.
- Bundle up and take in the tree at Rockefeller Center (to be lit this Wednesday, December 3) and the holiday windows at Bergdorf Goodman (no other department store's QUITE stack up).
- Strap on some skates and embarrass yourself (okay, perhaps that's just me?) at The Standard Ice Rink.
- Both uniquely charming and uniquely New York, siblings (and rock royalty) Rufus And Martha Wainwright again take the stage for for their annual Noël Nights at Town Hall this December 17, 18 (Tickets from $55/pp).
- Sip a hot cider and shop one of the city's Holiday Markets - I like Union Square's; go early or go late to avoid being overwhelmed by your fellow shoppers.
- Immerse yourself in the beauty and whimsy of George Balanchine's The Nutcracker at the New York City Ballet (Tickets from $71/pp).
What holiday activities am I missing? Tweet me your adds at @eye4style or leave a comment below!